Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lewis Carroll Night at our place

So after gifts and while the birthday boy napped today, my father randomly decided it'd be fun to watch a couple versions of Alice in Wonderland he'd picked up in the last few weeks.
He begged me not to pass judgment (those who know me well know that I'm not the biggest fan of authors whose fame somehow seems unwarranted to me) and didn't even tell me what the first movie was, only saying it was a modern retelling of an old story.

Hubby realized what the story was before I did (not surprisingly) but it was to my great delight to discover it was a version of Alice in Wonderland that I'd been dying to see but had missed when it played on TV's Syfy channel. "Alice"
It lived up to my expectations, and then some. I actually had to totally restrain myself from completely fangirling over Hatter, who I knew from the ads on Syfy would be just. . . OMGYUM. I want to buy the DVD for us to have at home so that I may fangirl without any fear of mocking from my father. ;)

While my father was eager to show us that version, he was much less enthusiastic about sharing his copy of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. He sat with us and watched the first movie, but soon after starting the second, got up and worked on some other projects.
Frankly, Burton's version bored me half to death. I started playing Bejewelled on my new cell. Beyond disappointing. We opted not to finish it, instead watching a show about the Amazon.

As it's now approaching midnight, I'm calling this post done.

Current projects: Ribbon and lace scarf, Crochet Jellyfish keychain, Crochet blocks blanket (just purchased a few more skeins of Caron Simply Soft for that), knitted lace scarf for Mom with Vanna's Glamour yarn.

Just finished: Pouch for new phone, Patternless hat, crochet hook BLINGBLING! FIMO handle (One of these days with photos!)

On the horizon: Knitting for charity: Hats for soldiers, more customized crochet hook handles, more jewelry, writing (fanfiction, SIGH)

No comments: