Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oopsie

I failed to make the big announcement: my first project with my home-dyed (Kool-Aid) yarn was finished today! It's a crocheted moebius wrap with semi-contrasting edging. The project is falling into that category where I neither like nor dislike it. I'll wear it for sure but I hope future home-dyed yarn-feature projects leave me feeling a little more satisfied. (No, the dye wasn't the problem. It was more like I probably should have done a smaller project and in doing a larger one, I had to make the yarn "stretch," and so the pattern I used was. . . Not to my liking.) Photos are forthcoming.
I've Kool-Aid dyed my second batch which looks like a creamsicle. I think summertime wristers would be ideal for it, and I may get started on those sometime in the near future.

A portion of my Holiday bounty: Denise Interchangeable Needle Set and One skein each of these two yarns. I also bought The Joy of Socks, which I can't WAIT to sink my teeth (feet?) into. (See project list below). ;)

I can't say I'm happy the holidays are over; they were quite uneventful in my home. I wish the tree had gone over well with DS -- rather, it went over TOO well and we couldn't keep him off it so we packed it away before Christmas even got her. Maybe next year will be better? At least the weather was just the way we love it. :)
Here's to a MUCH better 2011!

Current projects: Ribbon and lace scarf, Crochet Jellyfish keychain (now temporarily on hold), Crochet blocks blanket (just purchased a few more skeins of Caron Simply Soft for that), knitted lace scarf for Mom with Vanna's Glamour yarn.

Just finished: crochet Moebius wrap, Pouch for new phone, Patternless hat, crochet hook BLINGBLING! FIMO handle (One of these days with photos!)

On the horizon: Knitting for charity: Hats for soldiers, more customized crochet hook handles, more jewelry, writing (fanfiction, SIGH), wristers, SOCKSZOMG!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: