Monday, March 14, 2011

A Double-Update Day!

Wanted to share some photos of FOs (and a cute).


Finally finished the bodice of lore. I think it is safe now to say that it is the best fitting bodice I've ever had. I can't thank Christina of Yet Another Creative Blog enough for teaching me!!!
As a side-note, my previous experience with "sewing" (last year around this time) is shown below the bodice: I took one of my oldest renaissance faire skirts, split it down the center and added the ribbon to create a sort-of split skirt.


A close-up of the construction and beadwork I added to the fabric. Have I mentioned how well this fits me and how comfortable it is? :D



While we were taking photos anyway, I thought it a good time to also snag a picture of the keyhole scarf I just finished. I feel this looks far better in the picture than it does in real life. But the yarn drapes just beautifully and it's warm and cozy. I finished just in time to be able to put it away and wait a half year before I can wear it. Yay CA! ;) I felt very "bohemian" at this point.



It's been a year and boy has Contini grown since last faire season. We didn't expect the costume to fit at all (or very well) and it turned out everything will still work for him this year! It has gotten smaller as he's gotten bigger but it still fits and still looks cute as an Elizabethan button! :D
Even more of a surprise is how much he enjoyed wearing it. Considering he's at the "I'd-rather-be-nude" stage of toddlerdom, I thought he'd hate it as much as he hated wearing it a year ago. This bodes very well for the upcoming season!
















Have ten more days of Etsy-styled lovin'!

5 comments:

venividivoom said...

I know I've already said it fifteen billion times, but I am really happy with how that bodice turned out and I am so glad it fits you and that you love it. I guess this is teacher pride? I dunno.

Anywho, it looks really good with the yellow chemise. And the little guy is as cute as a button in his own garb. I can't wait to see you all out at Faire!

Contessa said...

You absolutely deserve to have teacher pride in this! :D I don't know if I necessarily should, but I have a lot more confidence in my ability to sew now.
I just have to figure out how to follow patterns at this point.

What is it, 4 more weekends 'til faire? :D

venividivoom said...

It's scary how fast it's coming up! Eep!

Anachronism said...

OMG, that bodice is gorgeous!! I'd love to be able to sew my own like that. And little Contini is ADORABLE in that get-up!

Contessa said...

Aww, thank you. I was lucky (and thrilled) to finally have someone who promised to help me actually come through on her promise. :) I can't even begin to tell you how much that meant to me.

And there's nothing cuter than kids in garb, is there? I only hope he's willing to wear it all day at the event. :p