Saturday, April 30, 2011

Caturday April 30

Yes, it comes in a larger size (click photo for it).

Here's my little princess the first week after we rescued her from the animal shelter.  With a fresh cut, sneaking out from underneath our bed and preparing to explore our (then) lavish 588 square foot apartment.

On a non-Caturday related note: I purchased black animal craft eyes yesterday.  We're reaching critical mass here.
With the marine animals breeding like bunnies in our home, I figured it'd be a good investment.  As-yet-named octopus has received the first pair.  SO. MUCH. BETTER. THAN. BUTTONS.  Just wish my craft store had a wider variety. Oh, Internet, you continue to come to my rescue. . .

4 comments:

The Earl said...

You realize how much older she looks, and how much grey there is in her fur, when you see these old photos. I almost had forgotten that the seal points on her legs matched (or nearly matched) her face. Not so much anymore...

Contessa said...

No, dear, it's not because her fur is grey that her legs don't match her face. It's because she's really, REALLY dirty. ;p

Kathleen said...

What a gorgeous cat! I love her colouration---especially that she has a silly little nose splotch. (My cat has a nose splotch, so I'm sort of fond of them.)

The black craft eyes are totally a good octo-investment, as they really do look much better than buttons. It gives them a much more...alive look, somehow. (Also, for darker octopi, coloured eyes are awesome. Uh, not to give you any more ideas.)

Contessa said...

Thank you, Kathleen! :) We're quite fond of that nose splotch, too. (We call it her "cutie mark.") What kind of kitty have you got? I'd love to see a photo.

Frankly, I was thrilled to see how much better those eyes looked (over button eyes). It makes my amigurumi look. . . more like someone else made them? I'm certainly going to have to get a nice variety of colors when I've got some spare change. I've been snooping around online to find where to get them. *rubs hands together wickedly*

My parents saw Orly yesterday and were just as taken by my new collection of Octopuses as I am. Thanks for spreading the madness!! :D