Saturday, April 2, 2011

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week: Day 6

Something to aspire to.

Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make bu [sic] can admire the result of those that have.



There are a few things, actually, and mostly they are large projects.

I want so much to be able to start and finish an adult sized blanket/afghan (whether tunisian crochet, regular crochet or god forbid, knitted).
There's a pattern for a sweater in a magazine I bought several years ago that I constantly think about. The pattern itself is simple enough but the amount of yarn and time it looks like it will take have been deterrents.
There are knee-high socks I'd love to make. . . but again, I worry about how long they will take despite using worsted weight yarn.

Lastly, the skills I keep thinking about attempting (sometime in the near future) is Entrelac, which I mentioned in my Day Two blog week post, and knitting socks toe-up on two circulars. Maybe within the next few months?

I know I'm missing a lot of skills I should be pursuing. One of the things I love most about knitting and crocheting is just when I think there isn't any more that I can learn, I find another ten things I don't know. :)


2KCBWDAY6

No comments: