Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Before the Cream Sits Out Too Long/You Must WIP It

(I'm currently waiting for breakfast. . .  And also running out of Devo lyrics with which to title these posts.)

Click photo to enlarge (beware blur)
It's totally not what it looks like.  I bet it looks like I've made zero progress since last week.  In reality:



Click photo to enlarge (beware blur)
This is what's going on.  The piece on the left is the back panel. The piece on the right, still on my needles, is the front panel. . .  And it's just about three inches from shoulder shaping!  (Which I'm quite eager for.)


I was hoping perhaps this could be my FO Friday project but I've had even less time to dote on this pattern. . .  Because of stuff like this (if you watched the video, I have a simple yes/no question for you: did you watch it the full way through?). . .
And this:
Click photo to enlarge
Contini has discovered the community playground and is quite in love with it, as you can see. :)







Edit: Boo, hiss.  I changed my "reaction" options for my posts and in doing so, Blogger ate up all the reactions I've received over the last few months.  Ah well.  :(

8 comments:

Angela said...

looking good

venividivoom said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Tami Klockau said...

Oo, very nice! I'm excited to see it finished!

Contessa said...

Thank you three ladies very much! :) I think it'd be foolish to hope for a reveal this Friday but I can cautiously say perhaps I'll have the cover-up done by NEXT Friday. . .!

Kathleen said...

I love the way the stripes are turning out on that cover-up, and it looks like it will be awesome to wear! I hope the shoulder shaping goes perfectly. :D

(And yay for playgrounds!! I still love playgrounds.)

Karen said...

Looks great! Based on the smile that is one fun playground!

Contessa said...

@Karen: Thank you! I think the little one especially likes the playground because it's something other than our apartment. ;)

Contessa said...

@Kathleen: Thank you for your confidence in my project! I sure hope it turns out to be something nice to wear, since I've put so much time and effort into it! I really feel like I have no way of knowing how it'll come out until the ends are tucked in and it's completely finished.
The shoulder shaping had a couple minor snags but I worked around one and actually TINKd and fixed the other. (Scary.) I can't find either now. (Phew.) I missed this FO Friday with it but next FO Friday will be the big reveal! :)

And I love playgrounds too. I wish we could keep it for ourselves. The other kids aren't friendly. :(